Monday, May 4, 2009

BLECH! Ummm....yeah, that's about right.

Mondays...yep, say no more.

It was a beautiful weekend and I spent most of it outside in the garden to continue my never-ending war on weeds. During this battle, I got a little sunburned...a minor casulty of war. Eventually, as this war and summer wages on, the weeds will send the moquitoes and I will have to bring out the heavy artillary, SEVEN and DEET...and even with these incredible chemicals, I will begin to lose the battle and lose my garden to the weeds yet again.

I hate summer.

A sure sign of adulthood is when my idea of entertainment is weedkilling. Since when did I get old? What's really sad is my butt hurts from weeding...when did that start?

It was my birthday on Saturday. Here's another sign of aging...my idea of a good birthday is killing weeds, having a good grilled steak dinner at home and falling asleep by 9pm so I can get up early the next day to kill more weeds. I'm not even forty yet and I'm acting like a seventy year old with no other hobbies.

I have plenty of hobbies but summer is when everything gets put on hold because of the damned weeds. My niece sent me a book on weeds explaining which ones are good and/or bad. Honestly, they're all bad when they're choking out the asparagus. I don't remember giving permission to anything but the asparagus to grow in that garden.

As for the other gardens, Lord only knows what the previous owners planted as we've spent the last four years trying to decipher what the hell is what. It's coming together...slow but sure and in ten years, it'll either be finished or my dead body will be found, half eaten alive by mosquitoes and half consumed by brambles.

Oh joy!

By the way...it's been two weeks...still nothing back.

No comments:

Post a Comment